Even though the weather is not exactly ideal for grilling, Father’s Day, June 17, 2012, is quickly approaching us here in Buenos Aires. Need ideas of what to do for the special Padre in your life? Here are a few ideas we’ve found around the city:
- The Man Tour from the LandingPadBA. Described as “A one of a kind, unique 1/2 day city tour of Buenos Aires. One of our bilingual concierges show you around some of the off the beaten track neighborhoods to give you a real feel of Buenos Aires outside of the usual tourist areas. Tour-goers get hands-on experiences at:
1. Traditional local barber shop with a hot lather/towel straight razor shave
2. Get properly fitted for a custom made hat (purchase optional). All techniques and equipment date to 1920 and before
3. Cigar Lounge for a nice Cuban cigar, complimenting quality spirit and coffee
We are proud to bring you the first of its kind in the world, The Man Tour. Ranging from US$145 – US$190, depending on the size of the group.
- Contact My Buenos Aires Travel Guide for help buying Futbol/Soccer tickets. There is a Boca vs Arsenal match on Sunday, June 17, or other matches later on in the year.
- Enjoy a luxurious brunch at the Alvear Palace Hotel. Reservations begin at 12:30pm and guests can enjoy all of the picture-perfect food and drinks that their hearts desire – for a price. Brunch prices range around US$100 per person – though for special events they offer complimentary baby sitting services in the hotel- so the price may be worth its weight in gold! Reservations required. Hotel staff speak English.
- Is the Dad in your life a golf fan? BA Golf Outings will assist you with everything from tee times to transportation to club rentals. Don’t have time for golf right now? They offer private lessons with English speaking professions either at the driving range or during a day on the course.
- Stay in and order a meal from Buenos Aires Delivery. Allow someone else to deal with the ordering chaos that some restaurants provide. Enter your address and their website will tell you which restaurants are currently open for delivery – enter your order online and the staff at Buenos Aires Delivery will take care of the rest. They will call or email to confirm your order and give you a delivery time estimate.
- If your pesos are burning a hole in your pocket – give the gift of Argentina! Discover Buenos Aires has posted a business deal where you can purchase a luxury condominium-hotel in Valle du Uco, Mendoza. The developer is the same person that brought Buenos Aires the Palermo Place and Palermo Tower condo-hotel properties.
- If you are looking for something a little more affordable, give the gift of a social life within Buenos Aires! A year long membership to BAIN Downtown is only $150 pesos – and new activities are being offered all the time. Let the lucky Father in your life know that you care about their social well-being – you can fill out our Membership Sign-Up Form in a matter of minutes, and we would love to have you!
Whatever your Father’s Day entails, we hope you have a good one! Do you have additional suggestions for making Father’s Day a success? We would love to hear from you – leave a comment below!